RIFTconnect: Broadcast your Ascension!
RIFTconnect is an in-game feature that lets you post text, images, and video directly to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Tumblr.
How to set up RIFTconnect
- From the RIFT patcher, click the RIFTconnect button.
- Enter your information and click "Log in" next to your preferred social media. Make sure to click "Keep me signed in" if you don’t want to repeat this every time you play.
Configuring RIFTconnect options
In RIFT, open your Settings menu and select "RIFTCONNECT" to adjust your broadcast settings.
Every form of supported social media has its own options, such as automatically posting your Achievements and Discoveries on Twitter, linking to your YouTube videos from other sites, and hiding your UI for screenshots.
Use these simple commands to post at once on all your social media:
For text-only posts, type /blast, followed by any text you want to post.
For images, type /blastpic followed by a message to serve as the screenshot caption.
Commands to post on individual social media:
Record and Upload Video
Type /record or press CTRL+Y to begin recording video with RIFTconnect.
RIFTconnect lets you record gameplay and post your videos on YouTube in seconds.
- Type /record or press CTRL+Y to begin and end recording.
- A small red icon will appear next to your mini-map to indicate that you are recording, and you can mouse over the icon to see the name and current duration of the clip (recording will automatically end after 10 minutes).
- Your red icon will turn blue while your video is being encoded and saved to your hard drive, and will turn into a check mark when encoding is complete.
- Simply click the check mark icon to upload your video to YouTube, and you will be prompted to name and tag the clip!
© 2013 Trion Worlds, Inc. All rights reserved.